Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Using Coherent 1.x version in 64 bit Unity 5 editor  (Read 4387 times)

Hristo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Using Coherent 1.x version in 64 bit Unity 5 editor
« on: March 10, 2015, 05:30:08 AM »
In order to use Coherent UI 1.x version with the 64 bit version of the Unity 5 editor you need to follow these instructions:

1. Import the Coherent UI package, upgrade automatically the outdated scripts as requested and close the editor
2. Create folder Assets\Plugins\x86_64 and copy CoherentUI64_Native.dll from Assets\StreamingAssets
3. Copy Assets\StreamingAssets\CoherentUINet.dll64 to Assets\Plugins and rename to CoherentUINet.dll
4. Restart the Unity editor
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 05:31:35 AM by Hristo »

sz_User_01

• View Profile
Re: Using Coherent 1.x version in 64 bit Unity 5 editor
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 01:33:58 AM »
Hi,

in the trial version there is no "Assets\StreamingAssets" folder and so not the CoherentUI64_Native.dll

Hristo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 02:02:20 AM »
Hi sz_User_01,

Actually you only need to do this if your are using Coherent UI version 1.x so if you cannot find these folders/files you are most probably using version Coherent UI 2.x.  The Coherent UI 2.x version works with the 64bit Unit 5 editor out of the box.

sz_User_01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 02:36:52 AM »
Hi,

thanks for the information :-)
Unfortunately in the Coherent UI 2.5.8 the activator.exe allways crashes under 64bit (Unity 5).

Your support gave me a reg file seperately.

Hristo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 03:02:04 AM »
Hi sz_User_01,

I'm sorry for the issue that you had with our Activator. It must have been something specific to your system/project as all our trial users use the Activator to activate the plugin. We'll continue the discussion in our support system as this is something off topic for this thread.

sz_User_01

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 03:31:37 AM »
Ok,

but for Your info: I build a total new and empty project (without standard packages) and imported the coherent UI.
There the activator didn't run.

So my system produced the failure (maybe ;-)

madhu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 04:34:21 AM »
Hi,
I am using Coherent 1.8.2 (licensed version). I have upgraded my project to use Unity 5.2 (earlier we used 4.3.1). Now I am seeing this error in the console. I think I need to follow the instructions you have given to fix that.
But I am not clear what you mean by "1. Import the Coherent UI package, upgrade automatically the outdated scripts as requested".  Do you mean to import the latest coherent package? If so from where can I get that?

Thanks

Failed to load 'Assets/Plugins/CoherentUI_Native.dll', expected 64 bit architecture (IMAGE_FILE_MACHINE_AMD64), but was IMAGE_FILE_MACHINE_I386. You must recompile your plugin for 64 bit architecture.
CoherentUISystem:.ctor() (at Assets/Standard Assets/Scripts/CoherentUI/CoherentUISystem.cs:29)

In order to use Coherent UI 1.x version with the 64 bit version of the Unity 5 editor you need to follow these instructions:

1. Import the Coherent UI package, upgrade automatically the outdated scripts as requested and close the editor
2. Create folder Assets\Plugins\x86_64 and copy CoherentUI64_Native.dll from Assets\StreamingAssets
3. Copy Assets\StreamingAssets\CoherentUINet.dll64 to Assets\Plugins and rename to CoherentUINet.dll
4. Restart the Unity editor

John

• Coherent Labs support
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 08:53:28 AM »
Hi madhu,

The Unity3D Editor looks for the appropriate DLL in the Assets\Plugins folder.

We moved the CoherentUI64_Native.dll from the newly created x86_64 folder to the Assets\Plugins and removed the 32-bit CoherentUI_Native.dll so that Unity3D can detect the 64-bit one and everything worked.

Please let me know if that fixed the error you are seeing in the Unity3D console.

Regards,
John
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 03:02:16 AM by Mike »

madhu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 05:35:09 AM »
Thanks John. I followed these steps and it seems to work now.

-Create folder Assets\Plugins\x86_64 and copy CoherentUI64_Native.dll from Assets\StreamingAsset
-Copy Assets\StreamingAssets\CoherentUINet.dll64 to Assets\Plugins\x86_64 and rename to CoherentUINet.dll
-Delete the 32-bit CoherentUI_Native.dll and CoherentUINet.dll from the Plugins folder

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 07:26:46 AM »
Hey madhu,

I am glad that everything works now.

Do not hesitate to post again if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Mike

madhu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 04:58:42 AM »
Hi,

When I did like below, it works in the Editor and the 64 build. But when I do a build for 32 bit, it doesn't work anymore.
Can you please let me know which files needs to be where in order for that to work for both 32 and 64 bit builds and for the editor?

Thanks

Thanks John. I followed these steps and it seems to work now.

-Create folder Assets\Plugins\x86_64 and copy CoherentUI64_Native.dll from Assets\StreamingAsset
-Copy Assets\StreamingAssets\CoherentUINet.dll64 to Assets\Plugins\x86_64 and rename to CoherentUINet.dll
-Delete the 32-bit CoherentUI_Native.dll and CoherentUINet.dll from the Plugins folder

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 06:16:09 AM »
Hey madhu,

The easiest way is to use Unity3D Editor 5.x 32 bit version to make 32 bit builds and the 64 bit version for 64 bit builds.

This inconvenience in Coherent UI 1.x is resolved in 2.x versions.

Regards,
Mike

madhu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 06:57:01 AM »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, but I am not clear what you mean by "The easiest way is to use Unity3D Editor 5.x 32 bit version to make 32 bit builds and the 64 bit version for 64 bit builds."

Also if I upgrade the Coherent UI, will there be lot of code changes? Also do we need to buy it again or pay extra for that?

Thanks

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 07:29:38 AM »
Hey madhu,

You can download the latest Unity3D Editor from here: https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download?ref=personal

If you click on Windows under the Additional Downloads section you can choose which version of the editor to download - 32 bit or 64 bit. You can have them both installed on your PC. They should work without any conflicts.

As for upgrading to Coherent UI 2.x - Coherent UI 1.x and Coherent UI 2.x are separate products.

Yes, there are a lot of code changes and yes, you will have to buy a new license for that.

You can contact our sales team at sales@coherent-labs.com.

Regards,
Mike

Tags: