Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Minecraft Mod  (Read 2969 times)

Hinge

• View Profile
Minecraft Mod
« on: June 06, 2014, 10:10:56 AM »
Hello. I am involved in the Minecraft modding community. I think it would be great if we could make a mod that integrates Coherent UI to Minecraft. I don't have the skills to do it myself but I can recruit people who can.
Someone please tell me, in general, what would be involved in creating this mod? The main goal at first would be to make in-game web browsers and media players.

Thank you for having me as a guest on your forum.

Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 12:48:59 PM »
Hi there and welcome to our forum :)

In general, all you need is sufficient access to the graphics pipeline so you can write data that comes from Coherent UI into the game's surfaces. Client input is very easy, too - we have APIs for mouse/keyboard events so you just convert your input events into Coherent UI input events and everything is taken care of.

I'm not experienced with the Minecraft API (or Minecraft modding at all, for that matter), but from what I gather the mods should be written in Java. We don't have an official port for that platform, so you'll need to take our C++ library and create a Java wrapper. We do have some basic experiments for such wrapper that can render a page and take input (which might be enough for an in-game browser/media player) that we can provide to save you some hours of coding.

So, basically that's it - you need a Java wrapper for our C++ library and access to the graphics pipeline so you can write texture data.
R&D Director @CoherentLabs

Hinge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 08:48:28 AM »
Thank you very much for filling me in and offering to provide me with the Java wrapper. I am in touch with some Java programmers now and I am going to do everything I can to get this project rolling.

matthewrobb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 08:34:25 AM »
I am curious if anything ever came of this? If not is it still possible to get access to a java wrapper?

john.v

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 04:06:37 AM »
Hi matthewrobb,

Unfortunately, currently we do not support Java out-of-the-box. Our efforts on creating a Java wrapper were with experimental purposes and were suspended some time ago.

However, you can use automatic Java wrapper such as SWIG (http://www.swig.org/). Alternatively, you can manually wrap the functions you need.

Tags: