Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Black Desert online's Coherent UI not working for Win10 Pro  (Read 221 times)

maexen

• View Profile
Black Desert online's Coherent UI not working for Win10 Pro
« on: August 29, 2018, 10:34:55 AM »
Hello everybody :)

Since 2 months now i am having trouble with coherent UI, because it's not working for me in BDO. I used to use Win7 Professional earlier, and switched to Win10 Pro because of the struggle with coherent UI, still it didn't fix it for me sadly. Since most other people don't experience trouble with coherent UI and the support Desk / Zendesk seems to be out of ideas too, I thought of contacting you!

Basically, anything that uses coherent UI is not working. I had a clean installation of Win10 Pro, clean BDO installation after that as well, no special anti banner programs except for Kaspersky Internet Security, in which I whitelisted BDO.

My Coherent UI log states the following:
13296 13:41:11.312783 E | Starting process ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\bin64\host\CoherentUI_Host.exe" --coherent-options=host-bbdf95ab-6347-412c-b981-a0dda5980da5" failed with error code 193

Help would be much appreciated,
best regards :)

Tony

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 08:29:12 AM »
Hey maexen,

I totally get where you're coming from. Indeed, this has been a known issue for some time now and we've reached out to the team over at Pearl Abyss in the effort to tackle it. As you might know, we are suspecting that the problem on Windows 7 is caused by an integration issue and we hope the PA team will resolve that soon.

On the other hand, the error(193 ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT) that you receive on Windows 10 can be seen in the cases when the integrity of the game files has been compromised. Doing a clean installation of the game should resolve the problem.

Hope this helps!

Tony,
Support Engineer at Coherent Labs

maexen

• View Profile
Re: Black Desert online's Coherent UI not working for Win10 Pro
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 02:03:10 PM »
Hi Tony!

Thank you very much for your reply! :)

I just did a complete clean re-installation of BDO (through "programs and features", deinstallated BDO, deleted the remaining folders), but the problem still occurs. I didn't change anything, just opened the game and had a look at the windows using the coherent UI.

Further help would be much appreciated,
best regards :)

EDIT: Zendesk managed to solve my problem. It seemed like Kaspersky Internet Security screwed the installation somehow. Turning off all anti-virus programs and firewalls, and then starting the repair mode did the trick. Thanks everyone :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 07:21:48 AM by maexen »

Tony

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 08:46:14 AM »
Hey maexen,

I'm glad to hear that!  :)

Tony,
Support Engineer at Coherent Labs

Tags: