Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Issues Setting Up Coherent (Unable create graphics state restorer)  (Read 267 times)

regis-imb

• View Profile
Hi Coherent Forums,
Our company is evaluating Coherent GT to replace our Unity UI workflow.

A couple newbie questions:

1. Won't Render in Existing Project (Unable create graphics state restorer)
When trying to use Coherent GT 1.14.5.10 Trial in our Unity project I run into this error:
Code: [Select]
[Coherent GT] (AssertFailure) Assert failure: Unable create graphics state restorer!
Nothing renders (including coherent watermark)
  • I'm on Unity 2017.2.0f3 on MacOS 10.12.6, Macbook Pro 2017
  • This is in a fresh Unity scene with no other scripts and no additive loading, just a GT View on Camera.
  • Starting a new project and importing the GT Trial package works (coherent renders html)
We need to integrate Coherent with our current Unity project so need to figure this out. I believe it is working for our developer running Windows but not for two designers running Macs.

2. No Input
In a separate Unity project with a fresh install of the package:
1. I created a scene and added a GT View to camera (leaving default setting)
2. I pointed the GT View to our localhost server;
3. NO INPUT: I see the UI but cannot hover or click on it.
however this works:
1. Open a sample scene from the package (e.g. ComplexMenu.unity)
2. Change the url to point to the dev server (disabling the custom ComplexMenu UI scripts)
3. Input works

I haven't been able to work out what settings / configuration are different between the two.
I'm likely missing something obvious here.

Help on either of these issues would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your time and help.
~ Regis

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 07:36:22 AM by regis-imb »

Tony

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Issues Setting Up Coherent (Unable create graphics state restorer)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 09:43:26 AM »
Hi Regis,

Straight to your questions:

1.Won't Render in Existing Project (Unable create graphics state restorer)
   - A likely reason for this behavior to be observed is if an old version of OpenGL is being used. Can you change the version of OpenGL to at least 3.x and check if the assert is still being caught on the Mac machines? The assert is not being hit on Windows since there the graphics API by default is set to DirectX.

2. No Input
   - In the integration of Coherent GT in Unity3D we have a RecievesInput flag on the view and by default it is set to false. To enable it you can set it to true from the CoherentUIGTView.cs explicitly.

If you have more technical questions specific to your case, please contact us at support@coherent-labs.com where we will assist you.

Tony,
Support Engineer at Coherent Labs

regis-imb

• View Profile
Re: Issues Setting Up Coherent (Unable create graphics state restorer)
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 09:54:20 AM »
Thank you Tony.

I was able to set Unity to use OpenGL instead of Metal after which Coherent no longer threw that error and the html rendered.

To Remove Metal API:
1. File > Build Settings
2. Click the button [Player Settings] to opens Player Settings panel
3. Find  "Other Settings" and uncheck "Metal Editor Support"
4. Remove Metal from "Graphics APIs for Mac" (using - button at right) leaving just "OpenGLCore"

Tags: