Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Preview Coherent UI in Browser?  (Read 971 times)

Lisk

• View Profile
    • Legion TD 2
Preview Coherent UI in Browser?
« on: October 06, 2016, 10:45:37 AM »
I primarily use a browser (Firefox/Chrome) to develop my views.

Sometimes I'm using HTML5/CSS features only to find out later they aren't implemented in Coherent UI.

Is it possible to configure my browser to have the same/similar settings as Coherent UI? (such as configure it to run the same version of Chromium that Coherent UI uses, etc.)

That way I'd find out quickly if the HTML5/CSS feature wasn't implemented.

Thanks!

John

• Coherent Labs support
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Preview Coherent UI in Browser?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 11:03:51 AM »
Hello Lisk,

From what I remember, your were using Coherent GT for Unity3D. Coherent GT has full support for ECMA Script 5 and we provide a GTPlayer for prototyping, packed along with our Editor. The way to test your pages and binding in a browser can be seen here. We have special scripts for mocking your UI in the browser. We also have a list of supported features .

As for Coherent UI, the latest release is based on Chromium 40, so most features available in that version should also be supported in Coherent Browser 2.6.6.2. Before using a new functionality in your UI, you can quickly check MDN when was the feature supported in Chromium.

Is there a specific feature that you are looking for?

Regards,
John

Lisk

• View Profile
    • Legion TD 2
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 11:14:10 AM »
Gotcha, thanks for the resources.

I'm looking for, for example, why -webkit-filter behaves differently in-game than when in the browser.

When in the browser, it works great.
- Everything is blurred
- The edges are not blurred

When in-game, it has some problems
- The menu items/logo are not blurred
- The edges are blurred & transparent

John

• Coherent Labs support
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 09:32:11 AM »
Hi Lisk,

CoherentGT uses a different low-level graphics library, which we call internally Renoir. Although most of the HTML content is rendered identically to the existing browsers, sometimes for performance reasons we choose to deviate and things look differently.

For prototyping your UI we recommend GTPlayer, since it would render the content like in the actual game.

But sometimes those deviations may be undesired and a bug. To investigate your use case we would need a sample or the part of your UI to reproduce it. This will be best handled in our support system, so please open a ticket there and send us some more info.

Regards,
John
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 10:02:49 AM by George »

Lisk

• View Profile
    • Legion TD 2
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 02:18:10 PM »
Hi John,

Thanks for the answer.

I filed a support ticket with a simple repro of the issue. Looking forward to hearing back!

Tags: