Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A few Bugs I Saw On My Initial Tests  (Read 1690 times)

ivanhawkes

• View Profile
A few Bugs I Saw On My Initial Tests
« on: December 06, 2013, 03:46:04 AM »
I've only been able to give the software a brief test but I've found a few issues already.

1. Cut and Paste

When pasting text into a text box inside a browser (for this test I made the HUD point to google.com) the text is pasted multiple times on a single press of the CTRL-V key. At a guess, it pastes with every frame update, though I didn't check this.

2. Mouse don't align when using the editor.
Although mouse clicks sent to the browser (and mouse over) work in a full screen game SDK run, they are misaligned along the Y axis in the editor. They are out by roughly the size of the menu and toolbars, so I guess you're using the fullscreen coords instead of the window coords.

3. When unloading a level or exiting the game it crashes.
Every time I unload a level or try and exit the editor or player, the thing hangs for about 10 seconds and then protection faults.

Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A few Bugs I Saw On My Initial Tests
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 03:28:30 AM »
1. The text input manager is quite primitive and serves mainly for basic usages - after all we're offering a UI toolkit :)
At the moment key input is forwarded through the IInputEventListener interface and a very simple repeat filter checks if the key should be forwarded if it's held. This delay seems to be too little when hitting Ctrl+V and the 'V' gets sent multiple times. I agree that pasting should count as basic usage, though, so I did a quick workaround for the issue by boosting the delay to 1 second when Ctrl is held. Since it's quick and dirty, now if you hold Ctrl+V it will paste every 1 second and not behave like Windows but it should be good enough for now.

2. It does appear that way, thanks for spotting it. You can fix it by changing the GetHWND call to GetCurrentContextHWND in the CoherentHUDViewListener.cpp file.

3. This might be something related to the internal implementation of the CE3 renderer, depending or hardware or something else. I just tried CE 3.5.4 with Coherent UI 1.6 on two Windows 7 and Windows 8 machines and I couldn't reproduce the crash. I'll check it in more PCs next week.

I have committed the changes to the repository so you can pull them. Here's the commit with the modifications https://github.com/CoherentLabs/CoherentUI_CryEngine3/commit/3c94a8f2389b011b96e29b8d3b28707a49ec6d24
R&D Director @CoherentLabs

Tags: