Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: CryEngine Plugin Not Working  (Read 2321 times)

ivanhawkes

• View Profile
CryEngine Plugin Not Working
« on: December 05, 2013, 05:15:58 AM »
I'm trying to test out the Coherent Plugin for CryEngine 3.5.4 and have run into an issue with the code. When I load the sample forest level with the three objects they display the basic DDS texture instead of one with a rendered view of the sample websites.

I followed the instructions provided on the wiki for getting the plugin installed...specifically I have:

• compiled a GameSDK.DLL which is capable of loading plug ins
  • compiled D3D (Hendrik's version from the current Git repo)
  • compiled the Coherent plugin using the current version in Git
  • copied the files from the SDK into the specified locations (according to the wiki)

I can load up the level and see that the flowgraph nodes are loaded up and attached to a start node on the sphere object. I should then see the webpages render on those objects, but I don't.

When running it in my debugger I can see that there might be a problem with the initialisation for the plugin.

CPluginCoherentUI::Init gets called, and creates a new CCoherentUISystem object. CPluginCoherentUI::InitDependencies appears to get called, but bool CPluginCoherentUI::InitializeSystem() never gets called. Clearly the system isn't going to do very much without running that routine.

Any help on getting this working would be appreciated!

Bonus round...what's the status on rendering the HUD UI on Directx 11 now? Does it work or am I going to have to pray for some future fix from CryTek?

Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CryEngine Plugin Not Working
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 06:19:58 AM »
Hi there,

CPluginCoherentUI::Init being called usually means that the plugin setup is fine. CPluginCoherentUI::InitializeSystem() on the other hand should be called in CGame::Init with the modified files provided in the samples/Code folder in the repository.

You can see an explanation of the modifications on this link: https://github.com/CoherentLabs/CoherentUI_CryEngine3/wiki/Integrating-the-plugin-with-the-GameSDK

Check if everything is in place since the InitializeSystem call shouldn't have anything blocking it  :)

As for the HUD for DirectX 11 - it's all implemented now. The only unimplemented feature are the shared textures which are faster but we cannot create one with the current CE3 API.
R&D Director @CoherentLabs

ivanhawkes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 08:34:55 AM »
I can see the mistakes I made now, thanks! For the record, the first mistake was to copy the 'samples' folder from the zip file instead of the one in the code repo. The second was just not noticing the instructions at https://github.com/CoherentLabs/CoherentUI_CryEngine3/wiki/Integrating-the-plugin-with-the-GameSDK. I think I followed an old set from the blog or something, which were basically just copies of the steps to get plugins working.

It's all good now! Time to go and tinker!

Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 12:16:54 AM »
Yeah, the blog post is quite outdated now. We're only updating the github repo regularly so those are the insturctions to be followed  :)
R&D Director @CoherentLabs

Tags: